Canada Career Counselling helps people determine their ideal career direction and make strategic decisions for their career development. Serving clients at our welcoming office at Bay & Bloor in Toronto, as well as virtually, we are a group of Psychologists, Career Coaches, and Personal Branding Specialists.
Everything you do comes from a place of wanting to help others.
You are highly knowledgable about varied job functions, industries, and job search techniques. You are consultative and work collaboratively with your clients to create job search materials and strategies that contribute to positive results. Your entrepreneurial nature and self-motivation allow you to work independently and build opportunities for yourself.
We have people constantly asking for help with their resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and related job search materials. Our clients also need practical job search coaching and customized strategies, including interview preparation.
We need you to respond to this demand by consulting on how you can help. Once you’ve engaged a client you’ll set to work developing personal branding content and job search programs that build confidence, teach essential job search skills, and facilitate professional growth.
Your experience in resume writing, cover letter creation, LinkedIn optimization and training makes you a personal branding expert.
Your experience in career transition, job search, and recruitment enables you to develop programs that help people obtain new positions.
This is a flexible role. Since you’ll be responsible for connecting with prospects and closing your sales, you’ll have the potential to grow your practice into as many hours as you’d like to work. We have inquiries coming in daily to our website, phone lines, and from clients working with our Career Counsellors. Our established team wants to share resources, processes, administration, and best practices – as well as qualified leads.
If this sounds intriguing, we would love to hear from you!
– Respond to inbound queries with a consultative sales approach – understand client needs and respond with how you can help
– Book client appointments; work with Administration team on invoicing and scheduling
– Create processes and programs for personal branding and job search services
– Write client resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn content so they are optimized for recruiters, hiring managers, and Applicant Tracking Systems
– Coach clients to write their own personal branding material and provide extensive editing services, feedback, templates, and resources to support client learning
– Prepare mock interview questions; take clients through practice interviews and provide feedback and coaching on their interview answers and strategies
– Train clients on how to best use LinkedIn, in-person networking, informational interviewing, and other networking tools
– Develop customized job search strategies and coach clients through their job search progress
– Be an active listener, continue to develop your knowledge base and skills, and constantly aim to serve your clients with strong ethics and high standards
– University degree
– 2+ years experience writing resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn content for professionals in a range of industries (manager to senior executive level)
– 2+ years in recruitment, talent acquisition, human resources, career coaching, outplacement, or job placement
– Polished, professional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
– Experience and creativity to build, modify, or enhance career development programs
– Some sales experience preferred
– Service attitude
– Excellent research skills
– Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, willingness to collaborate, and the self-motivation to be successful as an independent practitioner
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email with Career Advisor in the subject line.
Write in the body of your email the reasons why you are interested in this position and how you can help Canada Career Counselling and the clients we serve.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for a phone screen will be contacted. Canada Career Counselling is an equal opportunity employer and will happily provide accommodations to those who require it during the hiring process.
Canada Career Counselling can help you to establish a fulfilling career direction and make strategic career-related decisions. Through your work with one of our Registered Psychologists, Career Coaches, and/or Advisors, you’ll walk away from career counselling feeling confident in the choice(s) you’ve made and the steps you need to take to reach your career goal!
We serve people coast to coast in Canada. We offer one-one-one sessions in person as well as distance sessions by phone or through video/web conferencing platforms.
While Canada Career Counselling is a private organization that provides fee-based services, many benefit/extended health plans provide coverage for sessions and assessments with our Registered Psychologists.